Thursday, February 5, 2009

Got Hired N Fired On The Same Day

It's been two weeks time since the last time i touched on my blog. Many things happened. There were happy ones and sad ones. I gain experiences and loses a family member within these 14 days. I never expected that so many unexpected things to happen i such a short period.

I'll start off with my working experience. Okey.. This is a bit lame. Can u imagine?? I got hired in the morning and got fired at the end of the day. It was on the19th of January. I just finish writing my previous blog the other day. Then..... Out of the blue~~ I received a phone call. Okey. I admit it. It wasn't out of the blue. A day earlier which was on the 18th, I went to east coast mall to shop with my family. My friends were all working for a roadshow there as U-mobile's promoter. Then, we were fooling around and one of my friends took off his shirt and call me to try to promote. (I was crapping a lot of how to promote. Should have keep my big mouth shut!!) Anyways.... I chickened out a few minutes later. My friends went and tell the supervisor how good i am which i'm not!!! They convinced me I can do it. So... I left my number to that supervisor. The very next day, voila~ I got a job. As a promoter for U-mobile. *hahahaha...* He called me around 12pm and im in my mum's office. He called me to come immediately but i couldn't. So, i told him i can only make it around 1.30pm and he says that's fine with him. I went to work and after much explanations, wore that cute t-shirt of theirs and started promoting. Got to know 3 new friends that day. It was a monday. No one will come for shopping on monday. We were playing instead of working. Then, after 2 or 3 miserable hours without customer, i finally manage to get my 1st ever client. This was our conversation

jo: Bang, sekarang ni kita u-mobile tengah adakan promosi. Starter pack kita bagi percuma. Lepas tu, bang ada free 1 jam free call untuk u to u.

customer: betul ke? macam mana dengan call pulak?

jo:betul! call rate kitorang pun murah bang. setiap saat bang call ialah hanya 0.008 sen. tak sampai 10 sen pun. (keep pushing the paper to show him)

customer: baiklah. mana nak daftar?

jo:kat situ aje. Bang ikut saya ya.

reached our booth and showed him the list of number. Thank god I'm smart. his girlfriend was standing there. So I crap "a little bit more"

jo: Bang, belilah satu untuk teman bang. kalau bang beli 2 pack, bang ada 1 jam untuk borak dengan dia. lepas tu, dia pun ada 1 jam untuk borak dengan bang.

customer: Yang, nak tak? (Asking his gf)

customer's gf: terpulanglah...

jo: (I 'sampuk' in) Bang, kitorang sekarang ada nombor untuk couple. Bang tengoklah nombor couple.

Yippee~~!!!! I managed to sell two pack. Thanks to that abang. But the rest of the day was boring!!! No other customer!! At the end of the day, our supervisor grouped us all together to have a little talk. He told us that the company decided to close the booth because the result wasn't good enough. He worried that we might be upset and keep explaining to us that it wasn't our fault. After that little meeting, we were so so so happy. It's because we were tired and we wanted to quit. But if we quit, we might not be able to get our salary. So, we decided to keep doing until we got fired. The supervisor was curious when he saw us so happy. Anyways, i got my salary even though I work a day. It was tough man!!!! Oh ya! forgot to tell something. My supervisor's name is so damn cute!!! His name is Wymen. Which sounded like 'feed mosquito' in cantonese. *hahahahaxxx....!!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment