Friday, October 8, 2010

Tartsie = )

Finally!!! It's weekend again!
I've been looking forward for this weekend long long long time ago.
That's the only time I can do what I like most.
And what makes me happier than BAKING!!
I had search lots of recipes online.
Having tarts in my mind whole week.

Ooooooo...........
Can't wait for tomorrow.
Will be baking blueberry cheese tarts, kiwi cheese tarts,
And my very own new creations.....
Read bean/green bean/black glutinous rice tarts with coconut pastry cream as filling.
I've tried to seach whether anyone had thess same wild ideas in the internet.
Too bad no one make them before.
So I guess I'm the first silly person to do these desserts.
Hopefully it works.
I might even add green tea powder in the red bean tarts.
Green tea and red bean goes well together, Right??

I thought of these new recipes because I have tight budget.
Yes I do love baking but if the ingredients are so expensive.
Why waste so much of my time and effort when I can buy them with the same price outside?
So.... It pops out in my mind.
I'll use something that I can get anywhere and super cheap!
I can get red beans, green beans and black glutinous rice at any supermarket.
And it's super affordable compared to fresh fruits like kiwi, strawberry or blueberry.
And in country like Malaysia, these fruits are under the luxurious list as these fruits cost RM10 or more per 250grams.
I know.... It's so pricy~!
As for the filling, I'll use fresh coconut milk.
Mark my word, FRESH!
This is the advantage living in a small town area.
I can buy fresh coconut milk or coconut shred easily from a sundry shop.
And at a very very cheap price.
RM1 each for a very large amount. ( I'll take some pictures tomorrow)
If compared to cream cheese......... cheese are way more costly!

As for the result, I have to wait for tomorrow till I bake those babies.
I've baked blueberry cheese tarts before.
And it's so freaking yummy!
I hope my new creations are as good as the cheese tarts. *crossing my fingers*

I'll upload some pictures tomorrow.
Hope that it'll be a successful day tomorrow.
Pray hard~~ = )

No comments:

Post a Comment