Monday, November 1, 2010

Kiwi Cream Cheese Tarts

Oh yeah I finally baked these tarts!
Damn I feel so good now!
After postponing it for almost a month.....
It's quite simple actually.
Just mix, bake, pour and garnish.
And I tried using the mini tart tins that I just bought yesterday.
Gonna buy more tomorrow.
It's so darn cute and cheap!!!
I coated the inner part of the tarts so that it wont turn soggy when I put the cream cheese in.
And I end up with extra melted chocolate which I eventually poured it into the tiny shells.
So... Ta-da~ Chocolate tarts!
Have extra cheese now
Hmmm.... What's next??
Cheese cake!!!!
Yipes~!


The Accidental Chocolate Tarts

Flower Kiwi~

These are the tiny ones!

The midium size. ( I'm too lazy to cut the Kiwi!)


Playboy version XD ( I used cookie cutters)
Here's the recipe!
Base:
250 g unsalted butter
80 g icing sugar
1 egg
440 g all purpose flour
Cream Cheese Filling:
250 g cream cheese
80 g icing sugar
Lemon/Orange rind
Lemon/Orange juice (I use half an orange)

1) Mix the flour with sugar.
2) Add in butter and use rub-in method till it resemble bread crumbs
3) Add in the egg and knead till it becomes a dough
4) If it's too soft, put the dough into the fridge so that the dough hardens a little
5) Mould the dough into the tart tins. Use a toothpick to prick the dough and bake for 15-20 mins (depends on your tarts' size) at 180 degree celcius.
As for the filling, cream the cream cheese till it soft. Add in the icing sugar and beat again with a hand mixer or a beater. Finally, add in orange/lemon rinds and the juice. The filling should look like curd.

I didn't have any lemon at home.
I used orange instead.
But the taste is still marvelous!

No comments:

Post a Comment